Some people believe that in both regular cigarettes and vape juices, nicotine is the main (and the only) problem.
Is it true?
Is vaping without nicotine really harmless?
Let’s find out. I am ready to spill the beans for you!
What Is Vaping?
With or without nicotine, vaping still remains a mystery to some people. I mean, when I first saw a vaper in my city, I couldn’t believe how much smoke he was blowing out. What was it? Some new, hitherto unknown technology?
Later I learned what vaping was. It surprised me how simple that process was. All you need is an atomizer (the one that heats up the e-juice and forces it to evaporate), a battery (the one that activates an atomizer), and some nice-smelling e-liquid. And what you get is a rich, deep flavor, plus some large and thick clouds.
Of course, your vaping experience will depend on the device you use. Some allow for a more distinct, crisp flavor but a limited amount of vapor, others can offer you both. There are three main types of vaping devices:
- disposable e-cigs;
- vaporizer pens/mods;
- and box mods.
Vaping without nicotine can actually cause you to vape more. You see, when using a nicotine e-juice, the taste of the nicotine may make you feel dizzy or even a bit nauseous, causing you to stop. However, when there’s no nicotine in your vape juice, nothing is stopping you from vaping all day long.
E-cigs come pre-filled and last for around week. They are very simple and super easy to use but allow for a very moderate vapor amount (comparable to regular cigarettes) and, oftentimes, a mediocre flavor quality. However, they are rather cheap and can be a great way to transition from smoking to vaping without feeling too overwhelmed with this new experience. Keep in mind that the majority of them are pre-filled and come with an e-juice containing nicotine. So, if you really prefer a nicotine-free vape, make sure you read the description carefully before purchasing your electronic cigarette.
Pen vaporizers belong to the group that would be the next step after the e-cigs. They are more powerful, more expensive, and are able to perform better. They allow for customization, so you can experiment in order to achieve the best vaping experience. You can test different atomizers, vape on different temperatures, and find your favorite e-juice (since pen mods are usually refillable, which means you will be able to try as many options as you want). Plus, since you can pick your own e-liquid, you will be able to enjoy the non-nicotine vape, if you wish.
Non-nicotine vaping is a great way to substitute for regular cigarettes without that many health risks.
Now, vape mods are the heavy artillery. They are super powerful, expensive (not extremely expensive, but still quite pricey), and will astonish you with the amount of vapor and the depth of flavor. They allow for even more customization, wattage control, temperature regulation, and tons of optimization options. They do require a bit more experience, so make sure you know what you’re doing before buying your first box mod, whether a regulated or a mechanical one.
So, the basics have been revealed to you. Do you feel like you’re ready to move to the next step?
Vaping Without Nicotine: What’s So Great About It?
Now, every vaping style has its own advantages and drawbacks. Just like everything in life, basically. And the thing is, you are free to choose whichever style you want, depending on how advantageous those pros look to you and how scary the drawbacks may seem.
Starting, of course, with the good stuff, let’s look at the main pros of the non-nicotine vape style:
- It can help you get rid of your nicotine addiction. Here’s the deal: we all know that nicotine is harmful. So why do we keep smoking? Because nicotine is extremely addictive. Even if you want to quit, it is very hard. I mean, no matter how strong your willpower is, chances are your nicotine-addicted brain is stronger. However, vaping can help you deal with that. When purchasing the e-juice, you can actually control the nicotine level in it. Yes, you might start with, let’s say, 18 mg, but you are also able to reduce it with time, ending up enjoying completely nicotine-free vapes. Such a smooth, gradual transition has proven to be effective by hundreds, even thousands of vapers.
Quality of the ingredients always matters. A zero nicotine level doesn’t necessarily mean that the e-liquid is safe. Those delicious flavorings are what you should also be cautious about.
- It can lead to an overall healthier life. It is known that nicotine can result in yellow teeth and saggy skin. Take it away, and you will start feeling and looking better. And once you’ve got rid of your nicotine addiction, you might even quit vaping. After all, it is not 100% harmless either.
- Non-nicotine vape juices allow for larger clouds. This is a very important feature to a lot of vapers, especially cloud chasers. Nicotine-free vapes are always accompanied by larger and denser clouds. After all, this is what we love about vaping, right? Therefore, vaping on e-juices with nicotine only ruins the whole experience.
- The flavor quality is better. Again, nicotine-free e-liquids allow for a richer, deeper flavor. Plus, without that crisp nicotine taste, you will be able to enjoy your favorite vape juice to the fullest, with all its flavorful notes. When there’s nicotine in the e-juice, it kind of mixes with the smell and meddles with the purity of the flavor. I mean, what tastes better, a strawberry or a nicotine strawberry? You see my point, right? If you enjoy 100% pure taste check out our RDA guide.
- It is simply less harmful. Nicotine raises your heart rate, it releases various toxins when you vape on it, and it affects your blood pressure and heart. So, a nicotine-free e-juice is simply a healthier option.
- It allows for softer and smoother draws. This point is a bit contradictory since different vapers have their own preferences. Some enjoy a really strong throat hit and that intense nicotine punch. However, numerous people love silky smooth, soft vapes. That’s what a non-nicotine e-liquid can give you. Plus, you can forget about coughing after you’ve taken a draw. Sounds like a great deal to me!
Is the Absence of Nicotine Really That Great?
Here’s the deal:
Manufacturers produce nicotine e-juices in such huge amounts for one simple reason: people buy them.
So, what makes those people choose a bottle that has nicotine in it over the nicotine-free e-juice? Perhaps, the answer is hiding among the main drawbacks of vaping without nicotine:
- It can make you vape even more. When there’s no nicotine taste in your vapor, you don’t feel any discomfort. No dizziness, no coughing, nothing. This means nothing stops you from vaping continuously, all day long.
- It can make you experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Yes, it is a part of the process if you want to finally defeat your addiction, but some people consider this drawback as a significant one. Going through so much trouble and unpleasant symptoms, feeling like you’re sick, and suffering almost all the time simply don’t seem like a fair price for a healthier non-nicotine vaping method.
- It doesn’t allow for a throat hit. Of course, some vapers don’t consider this feature to be a drawback. However, there are those who enjoy a strong, distinct, kind of punchy throat hit that a nicotine vape juice is able to offer. Nicotine-free vaping feels smooth and soft, which is not enough for some people.
Is Vaping Without Nicotine Bad for You?
Now, if you’re anything like me, you might be wondering about the health risks of vaping without nicotine. I mean, we should always remember and take care of our well-being, right? So, the question of safety is relevant even when it comes to vaping with zero nicotine.
If you think that taking one harmful component away will make your vaping experience safe, I have to disappoint you. The truth is, there are still some health risks of vaping without nicotine. A couple of factors can influence your body not in a very good way, including:
- E-juice ingredients. You see, even with no nicotine, your favorite e-liquid can be harmful because of the chemical flavorings it may contain. Some of those components cause allergies, others may cause lung disease. Therefore, be super meticulous when shopping for a vape juice. Read what the packaging says and allow yourself to spend some time googling the ingredients. Just to be on the safe side.
- Vape mod safety. Technology isn’t flawless, we all know that. And when it comes to vaping (especially when we talk about more complex mods), malfunctions happen. Your battery may overcharge or overheat and explode, your mouthpiece may get too hot and burn your lips… These things might happen regardless of the level of nicotine in your e-juice, of course, but they are still worth mentioning.
One of the main drawbacks of zero nicotine vaping is the withdrawal condition. You might feel really bad because your brain and body will crave nicotine like crazy.
And that’s about it. Not much, I know, but you should still take those points into consideration. After all, your health is the most precious thing you have.
With or without nicotine, vaping is a lot of fun. However, if you are considering all of the aspects of it (which means you’re a very smart person), you should pay your attention to both the good and the bad. Nicotine-free vaping has a lot of advantages, but there are some drawbacks as well. Despite being commonly considered to be the safest, the healthiest form of vaping, it is not 100% risk-free.
It is a great way to reduce the level of nicotine you consume. It’s also a great option for non-smokers who are curious about vaping but don’t want to obtain a nicotine addiction. Whatever your case is, however, you now know all the pros and cons and can make a truly informed decision. To vape or not to vape? I think you’ve already made up your mind, haven’t you?