Do you know that proper charging is just as important as maintenance when it comes to vape pens?
I mean, incorrect charging can actually make your battery weaker.
And that means fewer hours of vaping. Terrible, isn’t it?
No need to worry, my friend. Today, I will teach you how to charge a vape pen. Even if you are a new vaper, you will deal with your device without an effort. So, let’s start right away!
How to Charge a Vape Pen with a Built-In Battery
There are many cool vape pens that have internal batteries. Users love them for their simple operation and sleek design. But when it comes to charging, there are some specific steps you need to follow. Don’t worry, they are not complicated:
- Turn your device off. Make sure to check the light indicator to see that your device is really off.
- Detach the battery from the e-juice cartridge or tank (depending on what you are using).
- Attach the charger. Now, some devices have a simple connection and you just need to plug the charger in. Others require you to screw the battery onto the charger connection. In this case, be careful not to screw it on too tight. That’s the mistake I’ve made with my very first vape pen. The result? I destabilized the connection output on the battery and couldn’t charge my device at all. Had to buy a new one right away.
- Plug the charger into a power outlet. Some vape pens have USB chargers, so you might have to plug it to your laptop or computer.
- Watch the light indicator. It should turn on red, showing that the battery is dead but charging.
- Wait until the light turns to green. Try not to leave your device unattended and do not overcharge it. If you want, set a timer on your phone to remind you of it.
- Detach (or unscrew) the battery from the charger, attach your cartridge or juice tank, and voila! You are ready to vape!
A quick note: If you are charging the battery for the first time after the purchase, it is advised to drain it until it’s dead before charging. Just vape until the device turns off itself.
How to Charge a Vape Pen with an External Battery
Vape pens that feature external batteries are called mechanical vape mods, or mech mods. They are more advanced and powerful. Naturally, such devices are better suited for experienced users. And they have a bit different charging procedure.
Now, when charging a vape pen with an external battery, it’s better to take the battery out and use a special external charger, even if your device allows for USB charging.
Let me explain.
If your device features one external battery, it may get damaged when charging using a USB wire because of this method’s “fast charging”. Plus, many devices do not have overcharge protection, which means you can damage your vape pen. At the same time, special external chargers do have such a helpful feature.
As for devices that use multiple external batteries, they simply cannot guarantee an even charge for all the batteries. But when you use an external charger, each battery has its own slot and gets charged at its own pace.
And here’s the kicker:
When you use a special external charger, the batteries serve you longer.
Depending on how much you vape, a device with an external battery can last you for days, especially if it features a couple of those.
So, here’s how you charge a vape pen with a removable battery using an external charger:
- Turn your device off.
- Open the battery door and take the batteries out.
- Grab your external charger and connect it to the power outlet using the wire that came with it.
- Insert each battery (if you have multiple) into separate slots in the external charger. Make sure that you place the batteries correctly. Most charger models have reverse polarity protection, but it doesn’t hurt to be careful anyway.
- If you are a beginner, it is better to buy one of those chargers that automatically detect the battery type and apply the needed charging current for each of them. This option is also suitable for any user who wants to save time.
- More advanced charger models run a fast battery test before charging to check for any problems.
- Wait until the charging begins. Most chargers have either light indicators of screens that show the progress.
- Once the batteries are charged, take them out and disconnect the charger from the power outlet.
Using 100% Vegetable Glycerin can be bad for your equipment since this liquid is very thick and results in a lot of gunk buildup. And using 100% PG means not enough clouds and harsher inhales. So, it is clear that, when used as e-liquid base, these two components kind of balance each other out.
How long does it take to charge a vape pen?
It usually depends on the device type and its battery capacity. Simple vape pens with internal batteries usually take 2-3 hours to fully charge. More advanced mechanical mods tend to take around 4-5 hours to charge.
Can I charge my vape when without a charger? I seem to have misplaced it.
Yes, you can. You can use your phone charger instead if it has a suitable connection.
But here’s the deal:
Users who don’t know how to charge a vape pen without a charger and have never done it are skeptical about doing so, believing that a phone charger will send the current to the battery and overload it. The truth is, though, your vape pen battery will draw as much current as it needs, so it’s going to be safe. You just need to make sure that the charger has the same voltage as your device in order to prevent damage.
How often should I charge my vape pen?
This depends on your device battery capacity and how much you vape. Typically, a simple 600 mAh battery lasts for around an hour and a half. More powerful vape pens with 18650 batteries can last for a day or two on average.
How can I charge my disposable vape pen?
Disposable vaping devices are not designed to be charged. You need to throw yours away and get a new one. And please avoid messing with the electronic components and trying to charge it anyway. This can be dangerous.
Can I leave my vape pen to charge overnight?
No, it isn’t recommended. Most batteries cannot sustain an excessive charging time and can become dangerous to use.
What vape pen are you currently using? Do you have any problems charging it? Let us know in the comments below!