We always want the best.
And every vaper wants the clouds and the flavor that would make them feel like the king.
The king of vapes.
Want to know what can help you achieve that? One little device: the RDA.
Today, we are going to take a look at 8 best RDAs and see which one can impress you the most. Let’s dive right in!
As you know, an atomizer is a part of a vaping device that serves to heat the e-liquid and turns it into vapor. RDAs are different from ordinary atomizers since they require you to actually drip the e-liquid onto the wick
RDA with the Most Reliable Construction
GeekVape Tsunami Pro 25 RDA
The number one contestant on the right to be called the best RDA is this little device by GeekVape. It is affordable, sturdy, and great for both beginners and advanced users (although newbies should definitely do their research and take their time to practice building the device).
The first thing you can notice about this RDA is its drip tip, which is a bit larger than the majority of models we are used to. However, it doesn’t feel awkward in the mouth. The airflow barrel is durable and functional. It features two different airflow options (dual-coil and single modes), which allow for some customization.
The deck posts are quite far apart from each other (approximately 0.3 inches), so you’ll be able to put in some larger coils. The e-liquid well is also large and deep, which will save you from unwanted leaks. In general, this device can become the best RDA for clouds for almost any user since it’s extremely easy to build and operate. Plus, it produces super dense clouds and soft flavor. If you’re a cloud chaser you might find this RDTA review also useful.
The advantages of using RDAs are countless. First of all, if your coil is well-built, you will be able to enjoy the thickest, largest clouds. Plus, the flavor is simply incredible with a good RDA.
RDA with the Best Compatibility Properties
Wotofo Nudge RDA
Another item on our list of the best rebuildable dripping atomizers is this model by Wotofo. It is stylish, easy to build, and simply worth trying out.
What makes this model stand out is its compatibility with both 510 and 810 drip tips, which means almost any user will be able to customize their vaping devices the way they want. The Z design of the deck makes building coils much easier although it’s still might be a bit challenging for beginners.
There’s more space available for the e-juice since the device features the raised post design. The direct top fill system lets the juice drip on the ridge structure, resulting in some amounts of e-liquid getting straight onto the coil, which means you will be able to start vaping right away.
This model features two airflow slots. They are located a bit lower than the coils and create a center-concentrated airflow, which adds to the flavor richness.
RDA with the Best Airflow
This small device deserves to be among the best RDAs. Not only it looks awesome but also offers a lot of cool features that can satisfy even meticulous users.
The first thing you might notice about this rebuildable dripping atomizer is how compact it is. However, despite its small diameter, it hides a lot of handy features inside. For instance, it features the 3-post design, which includes 2 negative posts being milled to the deck. Underneath the negative posts, there’s more building space, which means you will be able to use pretty much any coils.
Rebuildable dripping atomizers have a rather complex construction and include a base, a chimney, a drip tip, and a tube that can be made from various materials (like Pyrex glass, stainless steel, or acrylic).
Another cool thing about this model is the airflow system. It is adjustable for the most satisfactory experience. There are three large holes, which you can customize according to your needs. You can let the air cool the coils from the bottom, or you might want to invert the cap upside to open up the airflow completely and cool the coils from the top.
Best RDA for Thick Clouds
Goon LP RDA by 528 Custom Vapes
Another contestant for the right to be called the best rebuildable dripping atomizer is this model by Custom Vapes. It features a sturdy constriction, looks great, and can become the best device for people who appreciate thick and large clouds.
The first thing you need to know is that this little device might take you some time to adjust to its construction and design and figure out the best coils for the best results, but the performance will be totally worth it. Also, it belongs to the pricier category. Again, totally worth it. The flavor is deep and rich, while the clouds turn out to be huge and dense, like a heavy fog, which is perfect for cloud chasing.
Another interesting feature of this atomizer is its clamp design. It creates a unique building style and allows you to use thicker diameter coils. It is easy to rebuild, but only if you already know what you’re doing. The dual-slope airflow holes were designed specifically to deliver the air straight to the core. The holes are quite small but perform effectively.
Consider the following pros and cons:
The term “rebuildable” already gives you a hint about the use of this device. You see, once in a while, you will have to replace the coil and the wick of your atomizer in order to keep enjoying your vaping device to its fullest.
Best RDA for Value & Money
VGOD Elite RDA
I think there’s a reason behind the word “god” being in the name of this RDA. It is high-quality, powerful, and capable to provide you with the best vapor.
Now, what really managed to win me over is the “cost + features” combination. While not being overpriced, this model shows great performance. It is very well made and promises to be rather durable since the exterior is really hard to scratch. The size is optional for the majority of vape mods and allows for a sufficient amount of an e-liquid.
Another cool thing about this model is the clouds it produces. They are thick and flavorful, which is everything we appreciate so much about the rebuildable dripping atomizers. It also allows for generous airflow. However, the airflow is not adjustable, which might disappoint some advanced users who prefer to customize their devices in order to receive different vapor types.
Best RDA for Flavor
Dotmod Petri RDA
Belonging to a pricey category, this model can become the best rebuildable dripping atomizer to provide you with the richest flavor. Seriously, the quality and the richness of the flavor will surprise you even if you are an experienced user.
This is a luxurious model, I have to say. First of all, it looks great. The exterior finish is durable and hard to scratch. The design is simple and sophisticated. Overall, this device is very well-built. The deck is completely insulated and features 1 larger and 2 smaller postholes that are suitable for any build type. Keep in mind that this is a rather advanced model, meaning it might be hard for some users to actually build on it. However, with a little bit of practice, I’m sure you’ll master the process.
Now, what makes it the best RDA for flavor is its construction and the quality of the materials used. The airflow holes are 2 x 2 mm, which allows for optimal vapor and excellent flavor. I have to note that the airflow is not adjustable, but it doesn’t really ruin this device’s performance.
RDA with the most Ergonomic Construction:
Anarchist Riot RDA
Another contestant for the right to be called the best rebuildable dripping atomizer is this cool and somewhat rebellious-looking model by Anarchist. It is sturdy, simple to operate, minimalistic, and high-quality.
To be honest, this device’s mouthpiece is probably the most comfortable one I’ve ever tested out. It keeps your lips close to the coils providing you with a soft and warm inhale but doesn’t let you burn them. And it gets better:
Refilling the atomizer through the drip tip is super fast and easy.
Rebuilding the atomizer is a simple process only if you are an experienced user. Beginners might struggle with the process a lot, so make sure your level of expertise is enough for such a device as a rebuildable dripping atomizer.
The airflow system deserves to be mentioned here as well. The number of the air slots is enough to allow for great airflow. Despite being located on the sides, the air holes don’t allow any leakage since they are very nicely positioned. The ceramic base really adds to the flavor richness, which you are definitely going to enjoy.
Best Cheap RDA
Wotofo Troll RDA V2
This model is the best cheap RDA I’ve tested. When looking at its price, you can’t expect luxurious details and all the bells and whistles, but it still might surprise you. It is very well-built (especially given the fact how affordable it is), offers the adjustable airflow (which even some expensive models sometimes lack), and produces thick vapor.
Now, the design of this atomizer is quite simple. The Troll face on the front reminds you that memes are all the rage these days. The construction of this RDA is rather common: a 2-post Velocity-style deck with 2.7 mm postholes. It is also easy to build on.
The juice well is large and can hold a lot of e-liquid. The dripping process is also rather fuss-free thanks to the wide bore drip tips. The airflow system is adjustable and, again, rather simplistically designed. There are three horizontal and three diagonal slots. When going with the diagonal slots, you can simply turn the top cap segment, which is going to rotate the inner sleeve. This will give you a range of settings from zero to three open slots. Now, if you close the horizontal holes, the vertical slots will remain open in a diagonal fashion. However, you will be able to regulate the length of each slot.
Benefits of Using an RDA
Whether you are an experienced user or a beginner, you will come to a point when you start considering getting yourself a new rebuildable dripping atomizer. And you’re probably curious what advantages it can bring you. Well, let me tell you:
- RDAs allows for more vapor production overall. I mean, we all know that the majority of the vaping mods are more than simply satisfying when it comes to creating clouds. However, when using an RDA, you will definitely see the difference. And your vaping experience will move to a whole new level.
- The materials in the RDAs are usually of better quality and more durable than in ordinary e-cigarettes. Oftentimes, they are stainless steel and other long-lasting metals (even gold is sometimes added), which not only look better but also remain functional for longer.
- You will be able to choose from countless flavor options and enjoy the flavors more. The number of e-liquid types for rebuildable dripping atomizers is huge. I mean, you can taste the sour apple, the banana bread, and even fun combinations of different flavors. It gets better: when using an RDA, the flavor is more noticeable, deeper, and simply better.
- RDAs allow for versatility and customization. You can use your favorite mod but switch the atomizers in order to find the best one for your needs. You can also experiment with different coils and wicks, trying out different combinations and configurations. Coils and wicks come in different materials, each of which results in a different vaping experience. You may also want to arrange them differently, choose the number of wraps, and pick the suitable sizes.
- And last but not least: they are fun! I mean, if you are new to vaping or thinking about switching to an RDA, this is a chance for you to learn new things, experiment, build, and customize your vaping device.
Disadvantages of RDAs
Since you have already made up your mind, you should also know about the downsides too. This will help you make a wise choice. So, take a look at them:
- The majority of RDAs are rather pricey. This is because better materials are used in their construction. But the fact remains: you might have to invest quite a sum in your new atomizer. Plus, if you are not really familiar with an atomizer’s work and building, you don’t want to risk spending a lot of money on something you might damage due to the lack of skills.
- The e-liquid usage is significantly higher. It will burn out faster, resulting in you spending more money on the e-juice.
- Since we are still talking about the expenses, prepare yourself for the ongoing costs. You will need to replace the coils, the wicks, or even the seals from time to time.
- RDAs are a bit challenging to maintain, at least if you’re not a very experienced vaper. They also take more time to use and care for.
- RDAs require you to be skillful and patient. The building can get messy, you might break something, and it can turn into a tedious task. You need to understand how each piece works, where to put them, and how to adjust them based on your preferences. If you’re an advanced user, this won’t be a problem for you. But if you’re only starting, keep this point in mind.
- You will have to carry an e-juice bottle with you for fast refills. This is a minor inconvenience, but I realize that some users might find it to be too annoying.
To enjoy the best vaping experience, don’t be afraid to customize and experiment with your atomizer.
Figuring Out Why You Need an RDA
If, having read about the disadvantages, you’re in doubts whether you should invest in a rebuildable dripping atomizer, let me help you. You are going to love your RDA if you:
- want huge thick clouds;
- want the flavor to be rich and deep;
- are curious about trying something new, learning new stuff, doing something with your hands, and experimenting;
- don’t mind spending a bit more money than you usually do on vaping devices;
- appreciate the customization options;
- want to try all of the flavors possible;
- have enough skills to work with and maintain your new rebuildable atomizer;
- have some free time to spend on building and caring for your atomizer;
- want to take your vaping experience to a new level.
A friendly warning: if you simply want to relax with your vaping mod in a fuss-free style, without making an effort and in the most convenient way possible, then a rebuildable atomizer may not be the best choice for you.
Here’s the deal:
Being a vaping enthusiast with experience behind my back, I tend to be rather demanding when it comes to picking the best device. Therefore, when testing these rebuildable dripping atomizers, I paid attention to all the details, big and small. I also had a lot of fun (such a pleasant bonus!).
There was one RDA that made me feel the most excited when I was testing it: the Black Bandana by Limitless. It is very sturdy and durable but still compact and sleek-looking. The airflow is super adjustable with the additional flippable cap design. The juice well has managed to surprise me too, as it is rather deep.
Now, great news for cloud chasers: this RDA is capable of producing thick vapor. The clouds turn out to be huge, especially when compared with the results an ordinary vaping device can offer you. Moreover, the flavor turns out to be rich and deep. What else is there to wish for?
And what form factor do you prefer? RDA, RTA, RDTA? Please share your preference below in comment section.